Our work is making a difference. We know lack of economic empowerment is one of the biggest issues the transgender community faces.
TransCanWork.org A Project of Creative Visions Fiscal Sponsorship
Won't you please make a donation today?
Getting a job can lead to solutions in housing, healthcare, pride, acceptance, a sense of community and an overall better quality of life. We've witnessed this in the people we've placed whose lives have changed from survival to success.
A video of a TransCanWork success story.
California's vibrant Transgender/Non-Conforming (TGNC) community includes our family, friends, and people we encounter every day. It's also an untapped pool of highly talented and motivated workers that can make a good business even better. Yet it remains one of the communities most discriminated against in the workplace.
Did you know?:
- An estimated 1.4 million transgender adults live in the United States.
- An estimated 220,000 live in California.
- Roughly 4.5% (and climbing) of the youth in California identify as TGNC
- Transgender adults face double the general unemployment.
- For transgender women of color, that rate is quadruple.
- 90% of transgender workers have faced job discrimination or harassment.
- 41% have attempted suicide.
*Statistics provided by The Williams Institute
Your tax-deductible donation in any amount to TransCanWork will help connect people with critical resources such as:
- Trans-specific Online Job Boards, with opportunities provided through our broad business outreach.
- Job search sessions with one-on-one guidance.
- Trans-inclusivity training videos and promotional materials for industries including restaurants, technology, big box retail, and the non-profit sector.
- Development of the TransCanWork certification standard for "trans-welcome employers" that have viewed and responded to our training materials
- In-person and online training for trans-inclusivity in the workplace
- Expand outreach partnerships with corporations and trade associations.
Join the Founders Circle (pay all at once or monthly): An investment of $5,000 or more will be given special recognition on our website on a NEW upcoming Founders Circle page and receive special appreciation and mentions on social media. Founders Circle members get invitations to special receptions, events and meetings with key TransCanWork staff, including founder, Michaela Mendelsohn.
- Single donation: Every donation in any dollar amount is very much appreciated.
- Monthly donation: Help sustain the impact of TransCanWork with a monthly donation in the amount of your choice (select or type in the amount of your choice, click donate, then select donation frequency: weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually). Your investment will receive a special note of appreciation and special email updates.
- Check: We are happy to receive any donation by check. Please make the check out to Creative Visions (our fiscal sponsor - so your investments in our program are tax deductible) and include "TransCanWork" in the memo line.
Checks should be sent to: Creative Visions, ATTN: Grace Breuer, 18820 Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 201, Malibu, CA 90265
Note: We are fiscally sponsored by the wonderful organization Creative Visions. Your credit card statement may show Creative Visions as the line item for your donation(s) to TransCanWork.
Supported by 24 Donations:
I Gave $25I want to make a positive action in response to the discriminatory and backwards determination tweeted by POTUS today.
I Gave $25In solidarity.
I Gave $50Standing by our trans citizens, in and out of the military!
I Gave $25What horrible news this morning. Thanks to Jeanie You and everyone at TransCanWork for the important work you are all doing.
I Gave $100I met Michaela Mendelsohn at a screening of 'The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson' and her dedication and expertise made a strong impression.
I Gave $50It was great meeting you at Outfest Michaela. Thank you for all the work you're doing on behalf of the LGBT community. It's very admirable!
I Gave $36
AnonymousI Gave $1,000
I Gave $25
I Gave $10
AnonymousThanks for coming to Dropbox!
AnonymousI Gave $400
AnonymousI Gave $1,000
I Gave $36
Such an important reason to give!
AnonymousI Gave $100